Chamomile Tea Cake:
- 2 tbsp Yogi Comforting Chamomile Tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest from two lemons
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tbsp + ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
Chamomile Lavender Glaze:
- 1 tbsp Yogi Comforting Chamomile Tea
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1–2 tsp dried lavender
To Prepare the Chamomile Lavender Tea Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325. Generously butter or oil a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Add your sugar, Comforting Chamomile tea, and lemon zest to a mixing bowl and rub the zest and tea into the sugar with your fingers. Add your softened butter and paddle until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time until incorporated. Slowly stream in milk and then add in sifted dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the pan and bake until the skewer comes out clean, 30-40 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, put lemon juice and chamomile tea in a bowl and sift the powdered sugar over. Whisk until fully combined. You want the glaze to be relatively thick, so feel free to add more sugar a little at a time if it is too thin, or vice versa, add a little more lemon juice if it is too thick.
- Once the cake is baked, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a rack on a pan to cool the rest of the way. Once completely cooled, pour glaze over, sprinkle with dried lavender, and enjoy!