Sweet Chai Nut Cake:
- 2 tbsp ground Flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup raw Cane Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 bags of Yogi Honey Chai Turmeric Vitality tea
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp boiling Water
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing:
- 3/4 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Dash of Lemon Juice
To Prepare the Sweet Chai Nut Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf tin or line it with baking paper.
- Mix the Flaxseed with the water in a small bowl and leave to swell for ten minutes.
- While the Flaxseed is soaking, chop the Walnuts and Almonds very finely.
- Pour 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp. boiling Water over two Yogi Honey Chai Turmeric Vitality tea bags and leave to infuse for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the tea with the Flaxseed, Coconut Oil and Sugar.
- Stir in the Flour, Baking Powder and Corn Flour and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Fold the nuts into the mix and pour the batter into the loaf tin.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 40-45 minutes and then leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, sift the Icing Sugar and mix with a dash of Lemon Juice and the Vegan Cream Cheese to form a smooth icing. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Smooth the icing over the cooled cake and serve.