At Yogi, we believe the purpose of business is to serve. Our company was founded on that belief and uses service as its guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” We are committed to providing healthy and delicious teas that are accessible to as many people as possible. With more than 40 years of experience, we strive to support the health and well-being of our consumers by incorporating the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our teas. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to Yogi tea becoming and remaining the #1 tea brand in the US natural channel and one of the fastest growing brands in conventional food and mass markets.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for safely operating, adjusting, sanitizing, troubleshooting and repairing assigned equipment for daily shift production, meeting all throughput and waste reduction goals. This involves regular inspection of finished product, equipment, structures or material, preventative maintenance and machine repair as required. The Maintenance Technician follows established work guidelines, procedures, or verbal instructions for most assignments, however, they must be able to work with minimal supervision to independently troubleshoot and problem solve. The Maintenance Technician must be flexible and available to work any shift and expect shift changes on occasion and as necessary to cover training, absenteeism or talent alignment.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Runs equipment to meet or exceed standard production rates with minimal packaging and raw material scrap
- Communicates any hazards or unsafe actions to supervision immediately
- Replenishes packaging frequently, including overwrap, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, staple wire, filter paper, tags or labels
- Performs mechanical adjusts and repairs within scope of training and certification level
- Continually inspects tea bags and finished product to ensure the highest quality workmanship
- Writes brief essays describing any work performed as it relates to troubleshooting, repairing, sanitizing, adjusting, calibrating and changing parts on all production equipment
- Adheres to all cGMPs and continuously demonstrates good housekeeping practices
- Reads technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Cleans and lubricates equipment or machinery
- Repairs or replaces broken or malfunctioning components
- Performs tests and run initial production to assure that the machine is running smoothly after scheduled service(s)
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments
- Follows all Federal, State, Local and company regulations, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Competencies & Knowledge:
- Ability to timely author concise essays describing work performed, i.e. troubleshooting, repairing, sanitizing, adjusting, calibrating and changing parts or other activities related to production equipment
- Practiced in maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components, 24vdc—120-240vac single and three phase
- General understanding of programmable controllers; Allen Bradley programming a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience with high-speed packaging equipment, 150 pieces per minute minimum
- 3 years’ experience with low-pressure pneumatic and associated controls, pneumatic ladder logic a plus
- Knowledge and use of all measuring instruments; can work down to .01mm (.0005)
- In-depth knowledge of the metric system: bolt and thread sizes, pipe sizes, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exposure to sounds and noise levels that may require hearing protection
- Exposure to fine dust
- Working in cramped spaces and awkward positions
- Work on production shifts, for eight to twelve hour periods, including swing and or graveyard
- Work in warehouse areas at ambient temperatures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Bending, twisting, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing for long periods
- Standing/walking on concrete for long periods
- Climbing stairs and ladders
To be considered for the Maintenance Technician position, please submit an application through the Yogi Career Center.
East West Tea Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and compliance with federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, performance and business needs.