National Account Manager
At Yogi, we believe the purpose of business is to serve. Our company was founded on that belief and uses service as its guiding principle: “Feel Good, Be Good, Do Good.” We are committed to providing healthy and delicious teas that are accessible to as many people as possible. With more than 40 years of experience, we strive to support the health and well-being of our consumers by incorporating the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our teas. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to Yogi tea becoming and remaining the #1 tea brand in the US natural channel and one of the fastest growing brands in conventional food and mass markets.
The National Account Manager will be based in a major US city and leads all sales activities for the customers that he/she is responsible. The National Account Manager is responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Key internal interactions will include National Account Team responsible for distributors to his/her customer base, Field Sales Team, Portland-based Consumer Marketing, Trade Marketing and Sales Administration teams as well as Springfield, Oregon-based Customer Service and Accounting teams. This position will receive general supervision from the National Sales Director.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver Net Sales and distribution growth objectives within established spending targets
- Manage direct relationships with his/her customers
- Work closely with NAM that manages the distributors to his/her accounts
- Motivate brokers to help deliver company sales, distribution and promotional objectives
- Work closely with Trade Marketing to ensure programs are in alignment with financial goals
- Work collaboratively with Marketing regarding new items, messaging and other programs
- Manage relationships and ensure productivity of outside partners, particularly brokers
- Maintain and submit in a timely manner all tracking sheets, sales reports, expense reports and related paperwork.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Outstanding leadership, coaching, partnering and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vision to see the big picture and knowledge to understand executional details
- Self-starter with skills to manage projects and complete in a timely manner
- Ability to interact in a positive, confident and professional manner at all levels
- Competently use computers including Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience, including HQ for at least one major account (e.g., Target)
- Broker management experience
- Comfortable using syndicated data for fact-based selling
- Trade promotion management software (MEI/Trade Pro)
- Experience in multiple channels preferred
- Ability to travel 30%-40%
To be considered for the National Account Manager position, please submit an application through the Yogi Career Center.
East West Tea Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and compliance with federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, performance and business needs.